For years, Python has been among the top 3 of the most popular programming languages. At the latest since the ongoing hype about machine learning, there is practically no way around Python, even for ordinary developers.
This course introduces Python to participants with previous programming experience (typically from the Java or .NET world).
The focus is on hands-on exercises by the participants. As a Java developer for many years, the lecturer is of course very familiar with the Java view, so that in particular the technical and philosophical differences between these two languages will be addressed.
- Day 1
- data types and operators
- control structures
- data structures, comprehensions, and generators
- functions, lambdas, and exceptions
- Day 2
- object-oriented programming
- file handling, JSON, and XML
- network communication, sockets, and REST
- database access
- Day 3
- graphical user interfaces with Tkinter
- web server with Django
- testing with unittest and pytest
In addition to the actual language basics with their special features, a great focus is placed on applications and exercises. Python is characterized by the fact that executable and functional programs can be created with just a few lines of code. In this course you will learn—among other things—how to access file formats and databases, how to let client and server systems communicate with each other, and how to create graphical user interfaces.
- Experienced software developers (typically from the Java or .NET world) who want an overview of the increasingly popular Python programming language.
Christian Heitzmann is a Java-, Python- and Spring-certified software developer with a CAS in Machine Learning and owner of SimplexaCode in Lucerne. He has been developing software for over 20 years and has been teaching and lecturing for 12 years in the areas of Java and Python programming, mathematics, and algorithms, among others. He regularly writes articles for IT journals.
Shortlink to this page: link.simplexacode.ch/c3zy2022.12